Now before you get all excited and all, just let me tell you I am very delinquent. (Just to clarify, I am delinquent. I am not A delinquent. My daughter made me clarify.) Lori over at The Inbox Jaunt So kindly nominated me for these 2 awards, The Very Inspiring Blogger and One Lovely Blog Award. She nominated me back in JANUARY!! Yikes. It has taken me this long to get around to accepting it. 😀
So I would formally like to thank The Inbox Jaunt for taking the time to find my blog, to read it, and to think I am inspiring and lovely. Well at least my blog is. She has a wonderful blog also. So diverse and colorful. She also has AMAZING photos. Go check it out and see if you fall in love with her blog too!
I have done nothing special today. I stayed in my jammies way too long. I drank a pot of tea, did the Mom thing. Worked on taxes. (oy!) My hair is scary and I have bags under my eyes. So I decided today was the day I would give myself permission to accept this award. Seriously, sometimes you should just get one for getting out of bed, eh?
Anyhow… Scroll down to read the RULES.
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (Done)
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post. (Done)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules. (Done)
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs. (Will do)
7 Things About Myself
1. When I was in high school we had 2 geese for pets. Goober (the boy) and Marlena the girl. Goober was mine and Marlena was my brothers. That would be a nice ending to the story but there is more…
2. More often than not our geese would fly over the fence and start walking around our subdivision. (Yes we had geese in a suburb. I am embarrassed to admit it.) This would mean my brother and I would have to go out into the street and herd our geese back into our yard. Can you say EMBARRASSING!
3. In my family growing up at one time or another we had as pets : Geese, a chicken, lizards, fish, turtles, canaries, cockatiels, a pony (only for a week), various dogs and when I was very young a cat.
4. I have been inside the largest geode. (So they claim) Put-in-Bay, Ohio. Seriously. Cool, eh?
5. When I was in second grade we took a trip to Brazil. I remember the plane was rather empty. I got to go sit in the cockpit and visit the pilots. Back then there were no locked doors. I even got to bring them some chocolates. It was fantastic.
6. I cannot paddle a canoe. Really, it is quite pitiful. Last time I tried to paddle with my daughter, my husband had to fashion a tow strap and tow us along! Oh, and I have lost a paddle before. They just ask me to stay on land now or sit in the middle without a paddle. 😀
7. I love to research. LOVE. But only a certain kind of research. The kind that needs to happen if you are planning on taking a trip. I will research the destination for hours. Days. Ok, months. I love to be able to be a walking info booth for my fellow travelers. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be a travel agent.
Whew.That takes care of the 7 things.
Which brings me to my nominations. Yay.
I know some of the Nominees (sounds so official) have no desire to play with awards and that is just fine. By nominating these bloggers, I want them to know that I follow the stories they care to share. I get inspired. I oogle their lovely photos. I wish that they were my “in real life” friends. I want to thank them for sharing their world with me. So here we go!
The Kitchens Garden How can you not fall in love with this lady who does it all. And she has Hairy McLairy. The Farmy. Sheila and Charlotte the pigs. And of course the newest additions the lambs. Quick! Go check her out!
Pomegranate and Chinz Teacups, flowers and quilting. Need I say more??
Homemaking in the Last Frontier A lovely lady making a life in Alaska. Recipes and beautiful photos. I am hoping someday she will send me a moose. I have always wanted a moose.
Nina in Roma She is very adventurous and brave. And moving to Rome. I get to peep inside Rome through her eyes. Way cool.
Canadian Hiking Photography Truthfully, I just lurk on his site. Some of the most breath-taking photos. Makes me dream of where I want to go someday.
Bending Pins This lady has some crazy quilting talent! I drool over her quilts.
Deep in the Heart of Textiles You know how Texans are so friendly? They truly are. One of my favorite places to live was Texas. The people are awesome. So is the Textile Ranger. She is partly vintagey (yes, I just made that word up) and quilty (probably that word too) with a whole lot of friendly tossed in.
The Crafty Pioneer I know she has already been nominated for this award, but I am going to nominate her again. Just cuz she is super wonderful. And in Australia. And we have a Tea Date for whenever I can get down there in the next few years. A lovely lady with great quilting skills. Seriously, I am going to take her up on her offer for tea someday.
A Londoner in Dorset Another chance for me to live in another country without actually having to really do all the hard work of packing. A lovely lady who has moved into the country. I always love to see what she is up to.
Sewn Up by Teresa Down Under My oh my. Teresa makes my fingers itch to go sew. She just did this tutorial for a bag. It is so easy to follow along. I just need the right fabric to get at it! But I have bookmarked her page so I can come back and make one!
Whew! I bet you thought I would never get done, eh? There are so many more wonderful blogs that I follow. I just don’t have the time (nor do you have the patience I suspect) to list them all. So for now this is just a tid bit of who inspires me lately.
And now in honor of me accepting my lovely awards, I think I will go grab a cup of tea. Put my jammies on and go browse through my newest purchase. Learn to do Hand Quilting in Just One Day by Nancy Daniel. (I think she is a great optimist, don’t you? 😀 )