I have never blogged a recipe before. After tonight’s dinner I decided that had to change. 😀
I started out with boring chicken. 😦 I am kind of sick of making chicken. I am not a good nor creative cook. I LOVE to bake. (I get that from Nanny) Hubby is the creative chef. When I told the kids I was making chicken they put on their sad faces. Not pesto chicken said kid 1. Not curried chicken said kid 2. Sigh.
So I started trolling the internet for inspiration. I found a recipe for lemon chicken that seemed doable. Except … well… I didn’t have any lemons. I did however have lots of limes. Hmm. So with a little modification I made a dinner I am going to call Lime Chicken Bliss ala Carol.
Shall we begin? 🙂
- 2 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast or tenderloins. (I buy from Costco so I don’t know exactly how much that is weight wise. Maybe 4 to 6 chicken breasts) Rinsed and cut into bite size pieces.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari sauce. (Braggs Amino Acids if going Paleo or gluten-free)
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 plus of coconut oil for frying
- 2 or 3 limes. Zest and juice. (1/2 cup)
- 4 Tbs sugar (you could use honey I think)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- Put chicken in bowl and toss with soy sauce. Leave to marinate for 30 min.
- To make sauce, whisk together lime zest, juice, sugar, water and cornstarch in small pot. Bring to a boil whisking constantly until thickened. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil on medium in large heavy skillet or sauce pan. Whisk together yolks and cornstarch to make a thick batter. Toss the chicken in the batter and fry for 3 or 4 min on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Recipe can be halved. Serves 6-8 (Unless your family of 4 eats is all through the night!)
Serve on a bed of quinoa with a spoon full of lime sauce on the top. 🙂
We had broccoli on the side. Sadly we gobbled it up too fast to give you a pretty picture of the whole shebang. I do have 2 pictures to share.
I have to tell you my kids (and I) can’t stop eating this. We keep getting the cold chicken and dipping it into the sauce and munching on it.
All family members ate it! 5 out of 5 Stars. Whoo Hoo.
Try it out and let me know what you think.